Friday, March 9, 2012

They REALLY are born to play basketball!

When I moved to Indiana, I had heard that people were born to play basketball...like it's in their blood or something.  Well seeing as George is the only first generation "Hoosier" in our family (and by this I completely mean a person born and bred in Indiana and not a stinkin' IU fan), I learned from him first hand that it is true!!  This boy seriously cannot get enough!  In fact, ball is one of the only words that you can distinctly understand from him (other than go of course!).  He received a basketball goal for his birthday from his Uncle Chad and Aunt Sarah, and we have not been able to get him to put down the ball since!

Last weekend marked the end of Upward Season at Northside.  Upward is a basketball program that supports the motto that every child is a winner.  Outside of learning how to play basketball, they are given the far more important lesson that Christ died for them!  Well this season, George obviously wasn't old enough to play, but he definitely thought he was!  We would go up to practice when Tom's team was practicing, and we had to literally remove him from the court!  Game days were rough too as he didn't want to sit with me but rather wanted to play!  By far my favorite memory of the season was Tom holding George up to the rim for him to just touch it.  George didn't want to just touch it but wanted to GRAB it... and not let go!!  Tom tried to bounce him up and down to get him to let go of this rim that was 8 feet in the air to no avail.  Instead, in bouncing him, he caused him to hit his head on the rim, which gave us a crying one year old with a death grip!  Finally, after what seemed like hours but in reality was probably 30 seconds, he let go but after several laughs and judgments made by the large crowd of parents watching...if only I had my camera THAT day!!  Anyway, I caught a few cute photos from last weekend of George and his daddy:


George LOVED being part of the action as Daddy warmed his team up...it lead to 20 minutes of crying for me when Tom had to hand him back over, but whatever!
Look at that handsome coach!!

Now that Upward is over, we must turn our attention back to college basketball (but to be honest, I'm not sure Tom's ever left it...I mean he did teach his boys the Motion Offense).  Tom at this moment is watching the Purdue vs. Ohio State game on my iPod because it is the only thing that will let him watch it on the Big Ten Network (we don't have cable...we're cheap people!).  Then Sunday starts our favorite thing in March...March Madness!  Check back next week for George's bracket!  I'm not sure yet how he will fill it out, but we will come up with something.  Let me know if you have any ideas on how he can pick!

Oh and I'll leave you with this Happy Spring picture.  It kinda fits as George has a basketball in his hands.

Happy Spring/Freakishly Warm Winter!

~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment