Friday, March 2, 2012

I Started a Blog. I Started a Blog?!

Hopefully as you read the title, you were taken back to Jennifer Gray confessing and questioning the watermelon she just carried in Dirty Dancing.  And that is how I find myself today, confessing and questioning what in the world I am embarking on!   So my first three disclaimers of what I am sure will be many...I'm not a writer, I suffered through grammar, and although I feel like I am super interesting and fascinating, I suspect that I am quite boring. 

I am sure you are asking, okay Sarah, why did you start a blog then?!  The answer has a couple reasons, so here you go:

Reason #1:  At the end of last year, I said goodbye to a dear friend.  She didn't die or anything, don't get too sad on me, but rather she has been called, along with her hubby and three boys, to be missionaries among a people who desperately need Jesus.  The predicament comes in that it takes her away from me!  Elizabeth and I became friends as our husbands pastored together and I learned a ton from her in how to be a Pastor's Wife.  To me she was and is such a Godly example to look to.  Then when we found out that George was coming, she was one of the first to know (now disclaimer, this was not from my doing, but rather from my husband unbeknownst to me telling QUITE a bit of our lives to her husband).  Regardless, from the beginning of my pregnancy to George's grand entrance, she was my go to on what in the world was going on with me, what to expect, and what to wear :).  After he was born, she was one of the first visits we received, with her sweet little Sam, and she was willing and able to help so much as I questioned my ability to be a mom, if George was going to die from whatever I was nervous about that day, and whatever else I deemed as an emergency.  I miss her so much, but as she left, she challenged me for probably the 18th time to start a blog so she could watch George grew up.  I told her I would in January...here we are in March...I'm doing pretty good!! :)

Reason #2:  I have a baby book for George.  The last entry I made was at his 5 month birthday.  He just turned 14 months.  Clearly that isn't working out so well for me.  My goal and intent is to tell about his life.  What's his new thing (partly because maybe my parents could just read about it on here rather than that being the ONLY thing they want to talk to me about on the phone...my how children change everything!!), but mainly for me, that I can remember my thoughts, his actions, and these months that just seem to be flying by.

Ok, so there you have it.  My reasons.  So, follow if you want, if for nothing else but for the pictures of this ridiculously cute little boy I have!! :)

~ Sarah


4 comments:

  1. Yay for your first post. When you get ready to print your yearly blog book for George, let me know! Don't sweat the small stuff. This is YOUR family and YOUR blog and y'all are special and loved and now you will have a collection of your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!!!!! Thank you, thank you!! You won't regret having the blog at all and I promise to check it very frequently... more like stalk it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Great job! Trust me, it's addicting. Especially once you start following all new internet friends! Can't wait to see pictures of George!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I got you that baby book that you've neglected. I'm glad you're finding documentation of Georgie and the world of the Halls in your own fashion. You are an amazing mother - and someday, I'll be looking to you for answers.

    ReplyDelete