Tuesday, March 13, 2012

There will be MUD!

This past weekend, if you were not outside, you were CRAZY!  It was unbelievably beautiful!  Tom and I took advantage of the weather to do the much needed yard work we had.  It kinda stunk this year because I didn't have an excuse.  Two years ago, I was pregnant and "it hurt to bend over for that long" (nice one, huh?!) and then last year, someone "had" to watch George!  This year, nothing.  George actually LOVED the opportunity to be outside!  In fact, getting him to not throw a fit when its time to come in has become our biggest challenge!

This weekend was a weekend of firsts for George.  While we were out, he had his first TRUE encounter with mud and dirt and worms and all the things I have been told that boys love.  While I was a super over-motherly freak about some of it, I learned just to lean back and let him explore!
First things first was the introduction to the worm.  Unfortunately this picture was AFTER his fascination, but he liked it...a lot!  I freaked out, naturally.




After that was had some good b-ball time in the yard.  My mom got George this sweatsuit for his birthday, or Christmas, whichever one I guess.  Tom says it makes him look like the grandpa in Modern Family.  Eh, I say he just looks like he's going to go to the mall at 8 AM just to walk...
The it was on to our first wheelbarrow ride.  Every thing was great in the beginning.  Then George decided he wanted to sit in the front and start reaching out.  He tipped the thing over and landed flat on his face, falling head first out of the wheelbarrow.  Surprisingly, no tears followed, I'm telling you, this kid's pain threshold did not come from me!




We ended the day with George's first trip to Steak-n-Shake.  He loved it, but was not so impressed by the hat.  I guess if it were truly the talking one from the commercial, he might have been a little bit more intrigued!

Enjoy your week and your beautiful weather.  We already have taken two walks, two trips to the park, one good swing, numerous games of imaginary horse (George doesn't even shoot, but he still beats me) and its supposed to be gorgeous for a while.  I guess we won't see you this year Winter...it's been a good ride...

~Sarah

2 comments:

  1. what did george get at steak n shake?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, maybe I should post that next time huh?! Well he had grilled cheese, mandarin oranges, and milk...Tom thought he needed a milkshake but I gently reminded him of the sugar high he had when he got a cupcake which in turn kept us up all night...he changed his mind quickly!! :)

    ReplyDelete