Sunday, March 4, 2012

One Fish...Two Fish...

Do you remember where you were when Dr. Suess died?  Ok, so I don't remember where I was, but I was completely in elementary school and to honor his memory we had a green eggs and ham party.  That was when I learned that his last name wasn't really Suess and that a part of me would forever be missing.   I loved Dr. Suess.  In honor of his birth on Friday, George and I partook in the "Cat in the Hat Knows a lot about That" marathon on PBS.  George even took to a new word just for him!  In the show, when the Cat in the Hat gets the kids all in his Thing-a-ma-jig to go for a ride, he starts singing a song, "Go go go go on an adventure..."  It has truly become an often sung song here in the Hall house!  Well fast forward a few hours and put George and I in Meijer and no joke, pushing him along in the cart he starts saying..."go, go, go, go."  SO CUTE!!  Here's to you, Dr. Suess!

This week was also the start of swimming classes for George!  He is in the parent/child swim class with Daddy for the next seven weeks.  Check out my boys:


 George LOVED the water and took to the lesson right away!





The first thing they did was belly floating.  Tom was teaching him how to blow bubbles underwater...he definitely didn't understand that yet, but he loved floating!


Then they floated on their backs and counted the lights.  George can't count, so rather he pointed and played with Daddy's face...eh...I'll take it!







So the first session was a success!!  I guess we do have a little fish on our hands!

~Sarah

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I didn't know he was doing swim lessons! Where is he taking them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Y!! We joined at the beginning of the year and ABSOLUTELY love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are referring to the "swim shorts" that I think you are then, I'm not sure...BUT thankfully regardless of which option of those he went with, he had the trunks on over!! :)

    ReplyDelete