Monday, August 24, 2015

Something BIG

No...I'm not pregnant...this news isn't THAT big.

BUT, sorry for my hiatus...ask my sister, when I have a secret, I can't say anything about anything because if I do...the secret is coming out.  I remember when I was pregnant for Eliza, I just didn't call Gwyn for days (I normally call her every other day...probably to her dismay).  I just couldn't...I KNEW I was going to blow the secret.

Well, here I am again, with a secret...but first, the story!

When we moved here, Tom and I talked about how I would need to work.  I struggled with this, I cried about this.  In Indy, I felt like I had the perfect job.  I worked and helped support things in our family, but my kids were right there.  I worked while they were at school and Tom had them a day.  I never stressed about that set-up.  It was awesome.  I knew it would be different.  I just didn't know how.

I looked for a job, and nothing seemed right.  But then our relator told us in a side-note conversation about a client of hers looking for someone, but she didn't think I would be interested.  He owned a remodeling company, and construction probably wasn't what I was looking for...haha.  WELL... I met with this guy and although I still wasn't 100% sure, it was the best opportunity that had presented itself.  I was going to be able to work from home, he was paying me (always a bonus), and did I mention I could work from home??  Looking back, I know that this job was what God had for me at this time, at this point in our lives, this season.  Because of this job, I was able to help our kids through the transition to KC life by being home with them (although if you ask George what I do for a living, he will tell you that I talk on the phone).  I was able to flexibly move us into our home and unpack (I still have probably 20-ish boxes, but I call that a victory).  I was able to be a part of our first mission team.  I was able to do so much that a full time office job just couldn't do.

BUT, the nagging feeling that this wasn't exactly what God had for me was there.  I was in the wilderness.  God was providing manna, yes.  And I took and ate it daily, BUT, it was just temporary.  It wasn't the end.

Well, last Monday, I quit...well gave my 2 week notice.  Now, I am not a girl to just outright quit without having something else up my sleeve (even though it isn't too foreign in the family I was raised...love you Daddy!!).  So here is the other half of the story.

I found an advertisement for an Administrative position at a local church here in KC.  Knowing how blessed I was in my time at Fall Creek, I applied!  And they offered it to me!  Granted, this job was full time...full time away from my babies...full time away from my home and all the responsibilities I take on...Between interview and offer, I prayed that God would reveal to me if this was the job He had for me in a very specific way.  I wanted the guy who would do the offering to tell me that he recognized that I had a family and that they thought about that.  Not sure what I wanted them to DO about that, but I wanted to know they recognized my family's importance. 

After the interview, I was told I would hear something by noon the next day.  By the time the clock struck 12:01 I had already discounted myself...this wasn't the opportunity.  I literally picked up my phone to text Tom my "woe is me" they aren't going to hire me, defeated text, when my phone rang.  A 816 number, one I didn't recognize.  I answered...sure enough, it was the phone call I had been waiting for.  He gave me the offer...and then the words I had been praying to hear, "now we know you have a family and small children, and here is what we can do for you..."  WHAT?!?!  Even now, I get teary...God is SO FAITHFUL!!!  HE is so good. 

So there you have it...starting Monday morning, bright and early, I am the Central Executive Administrative Assistant at Colonial Presbyterian Church here in KC.  I am so blessed...so grateful...so overwhelmed!!

Pray for my babies...I haven't been away from them like this since Indy...and truly I have NEVER been away from Eliza like this, well ever.  Pray for Tom.  He is picking up a great load in order for me to do this.  He is a phenomenal man, who loves me with all he has...I'm floored.  Pray for final details of our childcare needs and our schedules.  We have pockets of needs we are trying to fill and one of the "child provisions" is the possibility of moving to have Fridays off.  Give thanks to God for how he cares for us...that He can give us something, albeit temporary and difficult, and it can be exactly what we need for that time.  And that even in that He provides...

No comments:

Post a Comment